Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Feng Shui results

The results of implementing feng shui changes in our home and property in an effort to help our financial crisis have been excellent. It's only been about 30 days but here is what has happened so far. The feng shui expert, Gary Hendrickson, gave us several charts with corrections to implement. If you want to learn more about Gary you can go to his web site at http://www.fengshuidesign.net/ He listed several of the steps he recommended in order of importance for us.
  1. We arranged our beds, office, couches and dining tables so that each of us were sleeping, working and sitting in our best directions. Wild horses would not make me put my bed back in a bad direction for me. We are all sleeping so well and waking up ready to head into a new day instead of starting out tired because of a restless or painful night's sleep. In my office I'm getting so much more done each day and staying on track so much better. Our family meals and conversations are better because we're all facing our good directions.
  2. We made color changes that were easy to do just by moving furniture, using fabric covers, rugs and moving wall hangings around. It took us several hours and I got to bed around 2:00 AM. The next morning I woke up with a definite ease in my mind that hadn't been there for months or even years.
  3. With that ease in my mind I realized I could tackle a major recommended construction project that would change the direction of my front door. My husband and I began that afternoon. Three days later the new door was actually functional in the wee hours of the morning. The next morning I woke up noticing a VERY big change in my mind. The usual war with myself wasn't going on. Up until then, my normal mind activity was to be focusing on the problems, the dangers, the disasters I was trying to avoid but at the same time trying to wrench my attention to positive thoughts about solutions, goals, etc. It had been a continual war. The war was gone and my mind rested easily on a focus of easy and joyful potential rather than strugglesome and painful potential. It has stayed that way 90% of the time since changing the door almost four weeks ago.
  4. Two sectors of the house were starred on our charts meaning they were crisis areas that needed immediate attention. Coincidentally they were the two places in our house that were full of unpacked boxes, and they were also painted very bad colors for those sectors. We spent a day painting, emptying boxes and organizing. Throughout the process we were all very angry and yelling at each other. The next morning I realized we had been experiencing the results of a habitual behavior pattern that has always worked against our joy instead of supporting our joy. We "stored" our stuff to deal with later rather than disturb the peace of the moment to take care of our personal "stuff". No wonder we were so angry. For the next week we argued a lot more than usual and then noticed that it was because we were all speaking up about what mattered to us. Suddenly the arguing lessened as we collectively agreed that we liked being comfortable dealing with our "stuff" as it came up instead of stuffing it.
  5. We placed specific items in specific sectors and positions in the house according to our charts. Each placement was supposed to attract more opportunities, money and good energy. We started with three fountains each facing a very exact direction. Within a day I felt another layer of peace settle into my mind. It just felt like everything was going to be okay. Next was a statue of a metal horse running. It had to be in a specific spot and face a specific direction. The next day I got a marketing idea for a friend's business that could make us both a lot more money. We're currently implementing that marketing plan. I put up another statue exactly as instructed and a couple days later got another idea that is getting me back into subdividing a property that had been halted for months because of lack of money. That is also currently in motion and looking very promising. Other parts of that plan keep coming together and making it even more exciting. So many opportunities in nearly every area of our lives have been flowing in that I couldn't begin to list them all.
  6. We moved a eight foot tall tree that was blocking our new front door and trimmed back bushes that nearly obliterated the front of our house. Even before we finished, people from two neighboring houses came by to meet us who we had never met. We've since had much more social interaction and invitation. Even people including some old family members have contacted us and invited us to be more involved in their lives.
  7. We are still not out of the woods yet, financially, but changes are happening. Problem relationships are becomming supportive relationships. My mind is clearer. I have good energy (maybe because I'm sleeping so well). I'm seeing behavior patterns that have contributed to struggle and I'm changing them. I'm watching my children's lives become more balanced and they seem to have become more empowered.

I haven't increased my income by the required $5000 per month but I can see that I have the ideas and the steps in motion that could possibly accomplish that goal much sooner than I imagined possible. Both my husband and I have moved from terrified determination to avoid foreclosure if at all possible, to a calm certainty that all is well no matter how it goes. That alone has made the feng shui changes valuable to me.

Next: What we've learned about Love and how it relates to our finances.

No comments: